Shade Solutions Create Space, Integrate Environments
Architectural shade solutions seamlessly integrate indoor and outdoor spaces in a manner that enhances the decor and value of both commercial and residential properties. Incorporating additional high-value outdoor space is certainly profitable, and it satisfies the desire to enjoy our outdoor environments with ease.
Markilux shade solutions deliver an exceptional combination of practical functionality and design elegance. Shade solutions reduce solar glare to add comfort to indoor and outdoor spaces. They keep the sun's rays from ever reaching windows, which dramatically reduces heat gain (saving energy costs) and protects people and furnishings from harmful UV radiation. For commercial projects, awnings can contribute to LEED Certification. At the same time, the engineering and design of our cassette shade solutions are as elegant as they are functional.
Shade Solutions Provide High Value To Commercial Properties
|Stunning Canopy Array Creates Valuable Outdoor Service Area For Wolfgang Puck's Restaurant At The BelAir Hotel
||Free-Standing Awning Protects Passenger Area at Turks & Caicos Airport
The benefits of shade solutions for commercial properties are most often driven by economic and customer experience factors. Adding valuable outdoor space and reducing energy costs are highly profitable. Enhancing the customer experience with integrated indoor and outdoor environments creates a unique identity and helps fulfill brand promises.
The range of uses and value for architectural shade solutions for commercial properties is as long as the many types of commercial properties. Here are a few of the most common types of projects:
- Restaurants: the use of awnings extending over sidewalks or patio areas adds highly valuable seating while enhancing the customer experience. For larger spaces, we often install our Pergola 110 structure with canopies. Free-standing awnings can create space apart from buildings. Integrating lighting and heating into into the shade solution is perfect for dining after dark.
- Hotels & Resorts: shade solutions are often incorporated over entrances and spaces that link the indoors with the outdoors. Pool areas and outdoor bar and food service areas benefit from effective shade solutions. Areas of glass with sun exposure need flexibility to control glare and solar heat gain in the indoor space. Free-standing awnings can create a hghly functional outdoor gathering space on a lawn or in a garden area.
- Multi-Tenant Housing: providing solar control and a functional outdoor patio area on multi-story housing projects has become increasingly common. Keeping a consistent and elegant design for the building is vital. Our Marquisolette line of half window awning and half window shade has proven particularly valuable in these type of projects.
- Commercial Buildings: Reducing heat gain, saving energy costs and controlling solar glare are the primary benefits of shade solutions for commercial buildings, including schools, churches, hospitals, government buildings and office buildings. In some instances, creating additional usable space outdoors is a further benefit, along with the low maintenance and automated operation of Markilux shade solutions.
An Essential Component For The Residential Outdoor Lifestyle
|Retractable Cassette Awnings & Window Shades In Backyard Setting
||Large-Scale Canopy Integrates The Indoors With The Outdoors
Markilux has been on the forefront of the trend to dynamically integrate indoor and outdoor spaces into a unified design concept. Markilux shade solutions allow design creativity and flexibility to optimize space usage in a fashionable, elegant manner.
Residential installations also benefit from reduced interior heat gain, which reduces cooling and energy costs and makes shade solutions an ideal green solution. Blocking harmful UV radiation safeguards draperies and interior furnishings as well. In addition to these highly practical benefits, shade solutions also contribute to a healthy outdoor lifestyle and provide many ways to better utilize outdoor space.
- Retractable cassette awnings for the terrace, deck, balcony or patio create cool, shaded and protected space for dining, outdoor kitchens and relaxation.
- Where large areas of shade are needed, our Pergola 110 structure provides support for canopies.
- When an existing structure is present, such as a trellis, pergola, sunroom or conservatory, a canopy with guide tracks is the perfect shade solution for these structures.
- If shade is needed away from the residence, a free-standing awning, whether fixed in place or movable, is a good shade solution.
- Awnings can be equipped with a drop-down "Shadeplus" valance for privacy and sun control in the late afternoon.
- Add lighting to your shade solution for evening enjoyment.
European countries have long understood the benefits of awnings, canopies and exterior window shades and incorporate them as standard design elements in both residential and commercial building projects. Here in North America, architectural shade solutions that are practical, functional and elegant are quickly gaining acceptance for fine homes, restaurants, hotels, and commercial buildings.
Complete Support For The Professional Design & Build Community
Markilux provides an exceptional level of support for architects, designers, builders and contractors to help specify, install and operate the most effective shade solution for each project. On each specific product page you will find access to:
- Specification Guide with detailed product information
- CAD files in .dwg, .dxf and .pdf file formats
- Installation Instructions
In addition, our knowledgeable staff can consult with you to select the most suitable shade solution and fabric for your decor and performance requirements. For more information about any Markilux architectural shade solution, or for a complimentary price quote, please call us today at 888.685.8008 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you on your next project.