Commercial Awnings That Are The Most Durable & Best Engineered
All Markilux retractable commercial awnings and exterior solar screens are tested to meet the stringent German TUV standard for engineering quality. Markilux products also meet or exceed the quality standards for ISO 9000 certification.
Markilux, having been in the textile business since 1927, has a highly developed knowledge of textiles and is one of the world's leading innovators in performance commercial awning fabrics. They created the worldwide design standard for solution-dyed acrylic awning fabrics used in high-end awnings, and developed Sunsilk Nano-Clean, the first self-cleaning awning fabric.
How Markilux Commercial Awnings Are Made To Last
- All products are produced with drop-forged aluminum or steel. Other retractable awnings are made from cast parts, which are susceptible to stress fractures and breakage.
- Our 85 mm fabric rollers, the largest used in the industry, provide maximum tensile strength and a taut fabric cover.
- No cables are used in Markilux arms because cables will fray and break over time and use. Almost all other awnings sold in the United States use cables - sometimes only a single cable! Instead, Markilux utilizes rounded steel-link chains, gas-piston technology, or kevlar "bionic tendons" for added strength and longevity--the only awning manufacturer in the world to do so.
Rounded Steel Link Chains
Kevlar Bionic Tendon
- Teflon-coated bronze bushings allow for a particularly smooth gliding action when the awning is extended or retracted. Unlike other manufacturers, all bolts and screws are stainless steel.
- All of our commercial awning fabrics are designed and manufactured by Markilux on state-of-the-art computer-controlled weaving mills. This guarantees an extremely high degree of perfection. Meticulous quality control ensures that we only supply flawless awning covers.
Superior Commercial Awning Fabrics From Superior Technology
All awnings and solar shading units have stress placed on the cover fabrics, particularly at the seams. This often leads to a significant impairment of the awning cover's appearance, and fraying and breakage at the seams over time and use.
Markilux has solved these issues.
Markilux invested in multiple laser cutting and ultrasonic bonding machines, at a cost over $1 million each, to eliminate the issues that stress will cause on their commercial awning covers. Markilux's exclusive new ultrasonic bonding process of commercial awning fabrics creates a marked improvement in the appearance of awning covers and extends their lifespan.
- Impervious to heat and cold, water resistant and UV-stable
- Higher durability and stress resistance
- No premature aging through UV-radiation or environmental influences on the threads, the most sensitive part of the cover
- Improved, homogeneous appearance of the awning cover
- No fraying of threads
The proven durability of Markilux retractable awnings and exterior solar shades make them the ultimate solution for commercial installations.
For more information about any of our retractable commercial awnings, exterior solar shades, or Unique, High-Tech Commercial Awning Fabrics, please call us at 650/685-6888. Or you can send an email inquiry to email@example.com.